Communications & Marketing Manager
FOLAR is excited to accept applications for the full-time position of Communications & Marketing Manager. FOLAR is a well-established, highly regarded, regional organization, and this position is critical to making a significant impact on our mission of working with our communities to conserve, protect, and promote the Appomattox River for all to enjoy.
FOLAR’s Communications & Marketing Manager is a cross-functional position with both strategic and tactical responsibilities for working with the Executive Director and the FOLAR team to strengthen our brand, manage marketing, and help support fund development and advocacy.
In collaboration with the FOLAR team, the Communications & Marketing Manager will conduct the daily activities of FOLAR’s communications and marketing and work with community partners, and other stakeholders to increase organizational and cause awareness and revenue. This position is ideal for an experienced strategic thinker, a skilled communicator, with strong aesthetic instincts for digital layouts and publishing and an exceptional eye for detail, and who is passionate about advancing environmental conservation and strengthening community.
Communications – Strengthen awareness and positive perceptions of FOLAR and our cause
• With Executive Director and staff, plan, develop, and implement a coordinated communications and marketing strategy that aligns with FOLAR strategic plan goals and objectives
• Collaborate with staff on preparing public-facing communications ensuring consistent messaging and tone across all channels and collateral
• Develop and maintain an effective and compelling digital presence, including website(s), social media platforms, and email marketing
• Collect data and provide regular reports on digital communications performance
Marketing – Drive stakeholders to take action
• Manage and coordinate marketing initiatives including membership, events, and educational/volunteer programs, and revenue generating programs including the web-based Merchandise Store (Printful)
• Manage and implement the creation and production of marketing materials
• Collect marketing campaign performance and effectiveness data and provide regular reports
Fund Development – Communicate with donors and funders
• Manage FOLAR’s donor database, Bloomerang, including gift processing and timely communication – acknowledgements, thank you letters
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with previous communications and marketing experience and a record of successful results
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience creating compelling and persuasive messaging
• Creative mindset with the ability to think strategically and generate innovative ideas.
• Team-oriented and also able to work well independently and manage external contractors
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within budget and deadlines
• In-depth knowledge of digital marketing tactics, social media platforms, and content management systems
• Proficiency in communications and marketing analytics and data-driven decision making.
• Graphic design, photography and/or videography production and editing experience a plus.
• Availability to work outdoors on-site in the Tri-Cities region of Central Virginia, and work a few evenings and weekends as needed annually for meetings and/or events
• Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Adobe Pro Creative Cloud (Graphic Design)
• Canva (Graphic Design)
• MailChimp (Email)
• Dropbox + Google Drive (File Sharing)
• SurveyMonkey (Surveys)
• WordPress (Website)
• Bloomerang (DMS and Volunteer Management)
• Linktree (Social media)
• Printful (Web-based merchandise)
Employees are provided with a laptop.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$55,000 starting salary, based on experience and demonstrated impact
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position requiring a minimum of 40 hrs/week.
Flexible, hybrid work schedule.
12 days PTO; 11 paid annual holidays. An exciting teamwork environment and mission-driven workplace culture
If you think you are a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and work samples to: Wendy Austin, Executive Director. Friends of the Lower Appomattox River (FOLAR), firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
FOLAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
FOLAR reserves the right to change or modify this job posting at any time without notice or obligation to any party.