Dear Colonial Heights and Petersburg Chamber of Commerce Members,
It is our pleasure to announce that earlier this year we entered into discussions to merge the Colonial Heights and Petersburg Chambers of Commerce.
Both Chamber Boards of Directors determined this merger will be extremely beneficial to both Petersburg and Colonia Heights businesses. With that in mind, both boards have been working together diligently to prepare for an official merger to create a new, dynamic, and business-supporting Chamber organization.
The benefits of the two business communities are many, but some of the most compelling reasons behind merging are:
- Economic stability.
- Enhanced cohesion and coordination among the Colonial Heights and Petersburg business communities.
- Expanding our current footprint to include cities in which we may not be currently active.
- Stimulating growth - combining the strengths of each Chamber allows the new Chamber organization to give back more to both members and our communities.
- Exponentially more resources and support for our members.
- Larger networking opportunities.
The timeline is as follows:
October 1: The Merger Committee will finalize the new bylaws for the joint organization.
October 19: Meet and Greet Colonial Heights and Petersburg Chamber Monthly Meeting at
The Colonial Heights Optimist Club 11:30am
October 27: Virtual Coffee and Questions 9:00am
November 1: Merger Mixer 5-7pm at Trapezium
November 1: Billing for 2022 dues, to be paid by January 2022 as one Chamber
Early November: In-person event to discuss the merger.